Before and After Guidelines
Welcome to our Before and After Contest”
We want to see your before and after pics!
Please send your "Before" pictures in as soon as possible. This photo must be taken before you start the program.
Please send your "After" picture 30 days after you have sent your initial picture.
Here are some great tips to get your best pictures!
For the PowerAbs and PHIIT and PHIIT Strength Programs - Please send a side shot and a full front shot from your hips up!
For the PowerGlutes and PHIIT and PHIIT Strength Programs - Please send a side shot and a full front shot from your knees up!
For Summer and PHIIT and PHIIT Strength PowerArms - Please send a front, side shot and back shot from your hips up!
Here are some tips to get a great picture:
- Choose a location to take your photos that you can use for your Before and After (uncluttered space with a white background – i.e., wall or door)
- Choose an appropriate outfit to showcase your body (sports bra and shorts or leggings or a bikini for women). Solid colors, please! If you can, please wear the same outfit for your before and after photos.
- Make sure you take high-resolution (minimum 300 dpi) images that will clearly show changes when you compare pictures over time.
- Please test your lighting to be sure you are well lit. Good lighting makes a big difference in the clarity of your images!
When it comes to your photos, it’s important to be consistent and keep conditions the same wherever possible, this includes location, lighting, and outfit.
Below is a checklist for the day you take your photos:
- Mark a spot on the floor where you will have the camera and a spot where you will stand to take your photos (this ensures the size and proportion of the images are consistent).
- Position the camera so you take pictures in portrait format (where the image is more tall than wide). This ensures you see everything from your knees or waist up.
- When taking photos stand upright and look straight forward for all views (front, side/profile, and back).
- Take a test picture to be sure you have great lighting!
BEFORE & AFTER PHOTOS – TAKING GREAT PHOTOS
The three most basic shots to take include a front view, side/profile view, and a back view.
- Front View (PowerAbs, PHIIT, and PHIIT Strength related programs) – Stand up straight with your feet hip-width apart. Arms are at your sides, but not touching your hips (so you can see the shape of your hips and side). Avoid twisting at the hips as this creates an illusion and doesn’t truly show how your body is changing.
- Side View (PowerAbs, PHIIT, PHIIT Strength and PowerGlutes programs) – Stand up straight with shoulders back and arms hanging down at your side. Make sure your hands are in the middle of your thigh (to ensure your hand doesn’t block the outline of your hips or thighs).
- Back View (For PHIIT, PHIIT Strength, and PowerGlutes programs) – The exact same setup as the front view but with your back to the camera.
PHIIT, PHIIT Strength and Summer PowerArms: The three most basic shots to take include a front and, side/profile view, and a back view.
- Front View – Stand up straight with shoulders back and your feet hip-width apart. Your arms lifted up in the classic flex pose.
- Side View – Stand up straight with shoulders back and your feet hip-width apart. Your arms lifted up in the classic flex pose. Focus on one arm for the side view.
- Back View – Stand up straight with shoulders back and your feet hip-width apart. Your arms lifted up in the classic flex pose. You want to see your upper back definition here.
If you take the time to carefully document your progress you will most likely enjoy the transformation journey you have in store. You will be less likely to doubt your progress and celebrate the small victories along the way.
Please send your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “Before” for your before pictures and “After” for your after pictures!
Please remember to send your “After” pictures after you have completed your program! Without your "After" picture, you will not be eligible for the contest, so get those in!
Any questions, please email email@example.com.
Can’t wait to see them and cheer you on!