PHIIT Strength Warmup
Welcome to the Warm Up of my PHIIT Strength program. I have included a warm up for you to get your body moving and ready to take on the 30 day PHIIT Strength challenge!
Your Warm Up!
Level 1 and Level 2
AMRAP (As Many Reps/Rounds As Possible) 3 minutes
- 15 Jumping Jacks
- 10 Air Squats
- 5 Inchworms With A Push-Up
- 10 Supermans
Warm Up Breakdown
1. Start in a standing position with your feet together and hands at your sides.
2. Jump your feet out, while bringing your arms out to your sides and over your head.
3. Jump back your feet back together and bring your arms out to the side and down for one rep.
1. Begin standing with your feet shoulder width apart and knees slightly bent.
2. Slowly lower yourself into a squat position while bringing your arms up out in front of you stopping at your chest.
3. Send your hips back as you lower and your knees should track right over your ankles.
4. Keep your chest up throughout the movement.
5. Once you have lowered yourself, explode your hips back up to your starting position, lower your hands back towards your side, and squeeze your glutes at the top.
Inchworms with a Push-Up
1. Start in a standing position.
2. Bend your body into a forward fold position. Knees can be slightly bent.
3. Take your hands to the ground and begin to walk your hands forward out to a push-up position. Your body should be in line from your shoulders to your hips to your feet.
4. Lower your chest down towards your hands into a push up, keeping the elbows tucked in tight at your sides.
5. Push back up to the push-up position.
6. Walk your hands back towards the feet into your bent over forward fold.
7. Stand up
1. Lie on the floor, flat on your stomach
2. Raise your hands straight ahead keeping them by your ears.
3. Lift your arms and legs up at the same time.
4. Head remains neutral. Legs remain straight.
5. When you do this correctly you will be activating your shoulders, your lower back, your glutes, and your hamstrings. Also make sure you're pulling your hands up as high as you can!